Sharanalaya ICSE School – Admission for the Academic year 2018-19
In Sharanalaya we offer ICSE curriculum with Montessori perspective from Grade 7 through Grade 12.
The middle school years are a time of transition and change as students grow physically, socially, emotionally, and cognitively. We work as a community of faculty, staff and in partnership with parents to ensure that there is a supportive environment for this development.
- 20 to 25 students per class
- Well spaced and well lit classrooms
- Adequate duration between each subject (periods)
- Ample of outdoor learning
- Explore new interests with curiosity and be resilient in pursuing their passions.
- Evaluate real world situations, identify problems and design innovative solutions.
- Choose to actively serve their local and global communities.
- Enjoy the different extra curricular activities like music both instrumental or vocal, theater, physical education, arts, all within the daily curriculum.
- Plan expected outcomes, assessment, teaching strategy, learning and practice.
- Hire, develop and retain staff members who embody the school mission and core values.
- Actively communicate, support, and contribute to our core values of Montessori.
- Strategically use all possible resources to create a learning community.
We do this by:
- Presenting a challenging program of instruction
- Providing a learning environment in which students explore, question, evaluate, and analyze information and ideas through active participation and collaboration.
- Offering a balanced course of study in English literature, a second language, social studies, science, mathematics, fine arts, information technology, physical education and health.
- Offering extracurricular activities to allow students to pursue their interests.
- Encouraging students to develop an awareness and understanding of global issues and prepare for their roles as responsible global citizens.
- Ensuring that the school environment provides for the cognitive, emotional, social, aesthetic and physical development of our students.
- We follow syllabus prescribed by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. English is the medium of instruction. Tamil and Hindi are the other languages the students learn.
- The subjects offered from Classes 7 to 10 are English, Hindi, Tamil, History, Geography, Math, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Students’ progress is assessed systematically and continuously. Evaluation is comprehensive, non-comparative and points to possibilities for growth.
- Students take formal examinations from class VII. Parents receive reports every term after the exam.
- Students take the public examinations at the end of Tenth standard.
- All Children from the Elementary school upwards are exposed to different extra curricular activities. The faculty for these classes are professionals in the fields of physical training, Folk Dance, Theatre and Music.
The facilities have been created with the belief that the place of learning must have the right environment and infrastructure to provide learning opportunities that goes beyond the development of academic skills.
A student of science always makes an inquisitive enquiry into processes, changes and action. The lab is the place where lot of unanswered questions are answered. It is a most interesting place for any student who would like to spend the time exploring and experimenting.
In Sharanalaya the Science Lab is designed to execute the practical work by children. They are taught through live demonstrations and experiments. The children are trained well and monitored by qualified faculty and experiments are ably supervised. Experiments are conducted in the most hygienic and safe manner. It is equipped with all the apparatus needed to deal with their enquiries.
The computer is used by children to work independently to search for information for their assignments and projects under adult supervision.
All labs meet the requirements of the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations to prepare children for the board examinations.
The school Library provides an inviting environment for children to explore the world of books. It has collection of story books and books of facts.
The School Counselor takes care of the areas like transitions, coping with change, identifying learning strengths and challenges, interpersonal relations. Individual follow up and meetings with parents if required are also part of this process.